USMMA Issues Update #11 - Adjusted DoIT hours and Procedures
KINGS POINT, N.Y. (April 10, 2020) – The U.S. Merchant Marine Academy announced new hours of operation for the Department of Information Technology (DoIT). The new hours include modifications to service appointment procedures and instructions for getting service work done on Academy-issued electronic hardware and software. The new hours and procedures will remain in place until further notice.
The new hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, by appointment only.
Service Limits. The service center will only be dealing with ESSENTIAL issues and problems, such as:
- Cannot log on
- Need to have machine re-imaged
- Need a loaner
PPE/Distancing. Follow all current PPE/Distancing directives. Maintain six feet of social distancing and wear an appropriate face covering during your visit.
What to expect at your service appointment.
- Ten (10) minutes prior to appointment, the Jones Hall Service Desk door will be opened.
- Upon arrival, leave your device on the table inside the door.
- The Service technician will retrieve your device to clean and disinfect it.
- Once cleaned and disinfected, diagnosis and remediation will begin.
- When remediation work is completed, customers will be contacted by email or phone to set an appointment time to pick up the device.
Contact the Service Desk at 516-726-5803 with questions.
The U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, located in Kings Point, N.Y, educates and graduates leaders of exemplary character who are inspired to serve the national security, marine transportation, and economic needs of the United States as licensed Merchant Marine Officers and commissioned officers in the Armed Forces. President Franklin D. Roosevelt dedicated the Academy, which was established under the Merchant Marine Act of 1936, as the United States Merchant Marine Academy in 1943. It is administered by the Maritime Administration under the auspices of the Department of Transportation.
On the web: U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
On Facebook: @USMMAOfficial
On Twitter: @USMMAo