As per the Higher Education Act of 1965 (amended in 2008), educational institutions are required to disclose specific consumer information about the school. This page functions as a centralized location for access to such information about the United States Merchant Marine Academy. It is intended to assist students, their families, and others in obtaining information about the Academy's policies and educational programs and outcomes.
Prospective Student Information
- Cost of Attendance
- Financial Aid Information and Refund Policies
- Student Diversity
- Transfer of Credit Policy: see Logging-In Book
Service to Students with Disabilities: Not Applicable. All admitted students must be in good physical and mental health and pass the Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DoDMERB) prior to admission.
- Retention and Graduation Rates
- License Pass Rate: 100%. Passing the US Coast Guard third mate or third assistant engineer examination is required for graduation.
- Job Placement
- Academic Departments
- Graduate Program in Marine Engineering
- Course Catalog
- Academic Policies: see Course Catalog
- Sea Year and Internship Policies
- Resignation and Disenrollment Procedure: see Course Catalog
Study Abroad: the Academy does not participate in study abroad programs.
Health and Safety