Visiting the American Merchant Marine Museum
To get to the Museum at the USMMA
By Rail: Take the Long Island Railroad from Penn Station, 34th St. at 7th Ave., New York City. Take Port Washington Line to Great Neck station. Buses run from the station to the Academy. Taxis also available. At the main gate, ask for directions to the Museum.
By Air: Arrive at LaGuardia or JFK International Airport. Contact Car or taxi service for transportation to Academy.
- From George Washington Bridge: Take Cross Bronx Expressway to Throggs Neck Bridge. Bear right onto Cross Island Pkwy. South. Get off at Exit 31E (Northern Blvd. East). See below*
- From Lincoln Tunnel and Manhattan: Take 34th St. to Midtown Tunnel to Long Island Expressway East. Proceed to Exit 23 (Little Neck Pkwy.) Left at traffic light onto Little Neck Pkwy. Follow one mile. Right turn onto Northern Blvd. See below.
- From Throggs Neck Bridge: Take Cross Island Pkwy. South to Exit 31E (Northern Blvd. East). See below*
- *Travel about 1.5 miles and take left fork onto Great Neck Road. Stay straight at second traffic light onto Bayview Ave. Continue on Bayview (Name will change to West Shore Road). At end, make right onto Kings Point Road. Left at first stop sign onto Steamboat Road, straight to Academy gate.
- From Eastern Long Island: Take Long Island Expressway East to Exit 33 (Community Drive). Right at traffic light onto Community Drive. Follow for 2.5 miles (street name changes to East Shore Road and later Hicks Lane). At intersection with Middle Neck Road, make right. Proceed to first traffic light. Left onto Steamboat Road, which goes straight to Academy's main gate (1 mile).