For KPCat and KPDiscovery, your library card number is required to place interlibrary loan requests or to access subscription resources.
KP Cat Online Catalog : U. S. Merchant Marine Academy Library's Online Catalog for traditional print books, e-books, government documents, microform, DVD's, CD's, and other resources.
KP Discovery : USMMA's discovery layer, used for simultaneous searching across the following subscription resources: Credo Reference, EBSCO, Gale, JSTOR, and ProQuest databases, Knovel e-books, Oxford English Dictionary, and Bunkerspot journal.
KP Discovery (i.e. WorldCat Discovery) training videos:
- Search in WorldCat Discovery
- Advanced searches in WorldCat Discovery
- Select databases to search in WorldCat Discovery
- Interpret the item details in WorldCat Discovery
- Filter Search Results in WorldCat Discovery
- Share items from search results in WorldCat Discovery
For the following subscription resources, enter the EZ-Proxy user name and password. If you do not know it, you may contact the library.
American Maritime Cases : Database containing decisions of over 37,000 American maritime cases. Primary source for information and news on American Maritime Law.
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) : Standards - pertaining to roller bearings, fuels, and exhaust emissions.
Bunkerspot : Pertinent information regarding the global marine fuels and bunker industry.
Catalog of Art Museum Images Online (CAMIO) : Images of art works from around the world from pre-historic times to the present. These images can be used in student's and other researcher's papers, with appropriate citation made.
Country Watch : Website to the World : provides information and data about each of the recognized countries of the world.
Credo Reference : a research tool containing full-text encyclopedias, dictionaries, thesauri, quotations, and subject-specific titles, as well as images, audio files and videos. This is a good starting resource for help with brainstorming research topics.
EBSCO Databases : Information databases providing full-text access to journal articles, e-books and reports in a wide variety of general and specific academic subject areas including the humanities, business, environmental issues, health, science & technology, library and information science, and newspapers.
- Academic Search Elite : Academic research database providing full-text journal articles, reports and indexed and abstracted journal articles in multidisciplinary subjects for the scholarly community.
- Applied Science & Technology Full Text : Designed for academic and government libraries, the database offers full text and indexed and abstracted articles of core texts in the applied sciences. Resources include general academic and specialized
- journal articles, conference proceedings, directories of scholarly associations, and buyers’ guides.
- Business Source Elite : Full text and indexed journal articles in business, economics, and management. Subjects covered include accounting and finance, sales and marketing, etc.
- Eric : (Education Resources Information Center) Produced by the Department of Education’s Office of Educational Research and Improvement, this database provides indexing of journal articles, reports, and other resources about all levels of
- education. In addition to traditional scholarly resources, it includes curriculum guides and teaching aids.
- GreenFILE: Database specializing in the impacts of environmental effects on people, corporations, governments, etc. and strategies, options, methods, etc. to reduce negative environmental hazards on these entities.
- Health Source : Nursing/Academic Edition : Resources in the field of allied health and nursing including such topics as nursing management, critical care nursing, mental health, medical law, etc.
- Library Information Science & Technology : Indexed articles from recognized library and information science journals, research reports, conference papers, books, etc
- Medline : Database of the U. S. National Library of Medicine referencing journal articles in the life sciences, health services, and medical subjects. Citations are indexed using Medical Subject Headings (MeSH).
- Newspaper source : Full-text articles from regional, national, and international newspapers and news networks.
- Professional Development Collection : full-text resources from specialized databases for professional educators and librarians.
- Regional Business News : Full-text business newspapers and magazine articles focused on geographical regions in the United States and Canada.
- The Serials Directory : Current bibliographic information for serial publications, including current subscription pricing
Fairplay Online Journal : Online shipping weekly providing data-driven analysis and comment on topics including commerce, bulk carriers, container ships, tankers, markets, safety & regulations, ports, dredging, and ship construction.
FirstSearch : Use this powerful search interface of the Online Computer Library Center's (OCLC) WorldCat database to conveniently place interlibrary loan requests.
Gale Databases : Subjects covered include business, health, and literature, as well as international and U. S. newspapers.
IHS Markit Portal: Sea-Web Database. (Please remember to logout at end of each session.)
Journal of Commerce: Weekly online journal with information on commerce, international trade, logistics, trucking, breakbulk, ports, rail & intermodal, regulation & policy, technology, sailing schedules, container lines, ships & Shipbuilding, etc.
JSTOR : Arts and Sciences Collection I is a database of archived digital journals in economics, history, political science, and sociology, as well as titles in ecology, mathematics, and statistics.
Knovel : Library of e-books on scientific and technical subjects.
Lloyd's List : Real-time news of the global shipping markets to analyze competitors, avoid risks, anticipate market shifts, and spot opportunities.
Oxford English Dictionary (OED) : the recognized authoritative source on the English language including definitions, pronunciations, and etymologies of words used throughout the English-speaking world.
ProQuest Databases : Full text resources in the areas of the arts, business, health & medicine, history, literature and language, news, science and technology, and social sciences. Use this link to search across all of our ProQuest subscription databases.
- ABI/INFORM Collection : a full-text business database, specializing in regional business topics, including news and analysis of regional companies and businesses.
- Barron's : Indexed news stories and information on people and companies.
- Black Newspapers : recognized newspapers from across the United States, providing access to news from 1989-present.
- Education Database : covers topics and full text resources on all levels of education, including early childhood education, primary and secondary education, and higher education.
- Health Management Database : relevant resources, including dissertations and journal articles in allied health and health administration.
- National Newspapers Premier : Indexed newspapers across the United States.
- New York Times : Full-text coverage from 1980 to the present.
- PILOTS: Published International Literature on Traumatic Stress.
- ProQuest Central Essentials : ProQuest Central Essentials provides comprehensive, full-text resources in art, business, education, health, humanities, literature, religion, science, social sciences, and technology. Also includes top national and regional
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers : National newspapers to support historical and genealogical research.
- ProQuest Psychology : full text and indexed journal articles in clinical and relational psychology, genetics, addiction, criminology, neurology, and the psychology of business.
- Proquest Research Library : Covers the top 150 core, academic subject areas with emphasis on the arts, business, health, history, literature, science, technology, and social sciences.
- ProQuest Social Science Journals : Full-text and indexed articles in the major disciplines of social science including anthropology, communication science, demography, economics, education, political science, policy studies, psychology, social work, and
- The Wall Street Journal : A New-York based, national and international newspaper, in the English language, with a business focus.
Regs4Ships: Indexed regulations for maritime services including acts for flag vessels, pertinent Code of Federal Regulations, navigation and inspection information, foreign vessel rules, documents of the International Maritime Organization, etc.
Sea-Web Database: via IHS Markit Portal. (Please remember to logout at the end of each session.)
ShipIndex : A searchable index of ship names appearing in magazines, books, and online resources.
TradeWinds : The Global Shipping News Source